Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist (NAMTPT cert.#347619)
Certified Massage Therapist (CMTC cert.#69067)
- 1988-1989 ~ Central Ohio School of Massage; general 500-hour Swedish massage training; 250-hours of trigger point therapy training; Graduated 1989
- 1989 ~ Passed Ohio State Medical Board's Board Exam for massage therapy licensure in Ohio
- 1990-present ~ Continuing education credits for classes taken in Hand Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Myofascial Therapy, Craniosacral Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Nutrition, Exercise, Neuromuscular Therapy, Alexander Technique, PNF training, Post-Operative rehabilitation, and Aquatic therapy.
- 2014: Passed American Academy of Medical Lasers Association's "Basic certifications for medical laser safety" for class IV (hot) laser therapy tool; certifications include: intro to laser therapy principles, medical laser safety, scientific basis for medical lasers, general laser therapy principles. Introduction of LiteCure class IV laser tool in practice.
- 2015: passed re-certification exam for Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy with NAMTPT
- 2015: passed MBLX National certification exam for massage therapy, awarded CA certificate from CMTC
- 1989-present ~ American Massage Therapy Association, active professional status
- 1992-present ~ National Association of Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy, active professional status
- 1994-present ~ American Academy of Pain Management, professional associate
- 2015-present ~ National Association of Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy liaison to the American Academy of Pain Management
- 2016-present ~ National Association of Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy publicity officer
- 1993 ~ Taught a Trigger Point Therapy and RSI treatment protocol course at the National Society of Hand Therapists national convention in Chicago, IL.
- 1994 ~ Taught a Trigger Point Therapy course at Davies Medical Center Rehab Clinic, San Francisco, CA.
- 1995 ~ Taught a Trigger Point Therapy RSI treatment protocol course at Myofascial Pain Treatment Center for interdisciplinary health care professionals
- 1998 ~ Co-hosted the national convention for Myofascial Trigger Point Therapists
- 1996-2001 ~ Trained eight Massage Therapists in Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy at Myofascial Pain Treatment Center while working cooperatively on cases
- 1989-1992; Private practice
- 1991-1992; Worked with Mark Alden, DC, Chady Wonson, DC and at North Point Health Club
1992-2002; Co-founded, owned and operated Myofascial Pain Treatment Center, San Francisco, CA, specializing in treatment of patients with Repetitive Strain Injury, and working on interdisciplinary teams of medical professionals (MD/DO/PT/DC/HT/DDS) in the Bay Area
2005-present: Founded Myofascial Pain Solutions, LLC, in San Francisco, CA